Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's been 6 months today...

Dear Mom,
It was a beautiful day...65 degrees and the sky was a cloudless and bright Carolina blue. It was just the type of day that you would have called me up and asked "Can I take the girls to the playground?" and you would have come and picked them up and returned a couple hours later with wind blown hair from going down the slide with them. They would have walked in giggling telling me that you pretended to be the troll under the bridge trying to get them when they ran across.

Becca and I walked to the playground today with Jack in the stroller. We stopped several times along the way to pick up treasures and put them in the "secret plant box" (the accessory box on the stroller). Thank you for showing me how to savor these moments. Thank you for reminding what is important in life and how to focus on that. Thank you for teaching me how to love my children. Thank you for giving me the strength to be positive about the future. Thank you for showing me how to be happy regardless of the circumstances.

I miss you more than words can say. The last 6 months have felt like an eternity. Everyday I think about the way you lived your life. We are doing all the fun things you would have wanted us to do and making the most of this precious life you gave us. I get sad at times but overall I am happy. Mom, it's your spirit that is giving me this light. I love you.

Love,
Amy

No comments: